I'm an enterpreneur and IT consultant who spends a lot of time thinking about how our visions and design choices affect people, including ourself. I build products and brands.
Do you want to improve your organisation? If so you are in the right place.
With a wide variety of industry experience under my belt, and no shortage of entrepreneurial spirit, I may just be the right creative spark for your project.
I live in Krakow, Poland.
Keep scrolling to see more...
Services - Consulting
I can help you make the transition from outdated and ineffective IT delivery systems and architectures to a cloud-based infrastructure that streamlines delivery and allows for implementation of new technologies into your software strategy.
IT STRATEGY & NEW TECH
Today, you need to ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality IT products and services for your enterprise workflow and your customers. You also need to implement new technologies to stay competitive and meet the demands of modern users. My IT solutions consulting will help your strike the balance between these two objectives, ensuring they don’t conflict between one another.
I will conduct a deep analysis of how your business and employees use your existing enterprise software, as well as of your enterprise mobile strategy. Then, I will provide suggestions for the required changes, new developments, and integration of third-party solutions to remove the existing roadblocks.
Srebrna Street is an intimate investment consisting of 16 apartments.
• Organization of preparatory and design works necessary for the construction of the housing estate,
• Development of the conceptual investment project. Absorption analysis, requirements analysis and land use plan,
• Preparation of the construction and executive design. Obtaining building permits and the necessary supporting infrastructure,
• Preparation of the business investment plan,
• Managing the schedule, budget and project financing,
• Managing the investment process in the selection and coordination of the work of subcontracting companies and the general contractor,
• Cooperation with external institutions and companies in obtaining arrangements and permits for the project,
• Technical and formal-legal project management,
• Preparation of marketing strategy and sales plan.
• Ensure the streamlined functionality of the IT department in alignment with the organization’s business objectives
• Plan, coordinate and design IT activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department
• Ensure optimal hardware and software maintenance and provide recommendations for future planning and development of IT resources
• Maintain and manage IT servers within the organization
• Maintain, monitor, manage and run all security systems, closed circuit televisions (“CCTVs”), access controls, telephones, private automatic branch exchange (“PABX”) systems and alarm systems within the organization
• Managing company domains hosting and emails.
• Project Manager for the business management system implementation.
• Meet with other managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
• Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
• Set computer systems budgets and manage expenditures
• Ensure technology is up-to-date, accessible and equipped with current hardware and software systems
• Troubleshoot hardware, software, and all network operating systems
• Orient and train new users in order for them to be proficient in using the existing technology
• Maintain log of required repairs and maintenance
• Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
• Maintain knowledge of current and potential IT resources and services
• Managing the planning, design, selection, implementation, use, and administration of emerging and converging information and communications technologies
• Ensuring the entire organization is effectively supported by exhaustive soft and hard IT infrastructure
Digital transformation of customer service processes in the areas of: registration, contract management and payments,
Preparation of specifications and implementation of interactive kiosks to serve customers of the Platinium club network, which allowed the transfer of sales of services to IT systems,
Implementing the ITSM system (Resources, Support, Projects, Change Management),
Implementing a secure password management system in the organization,
Providing IT solutions for the newly created Customer Service Center.
Owner & IT Manager & IT Administrator
Duties – IT Manager:
• Manage the IT budgets and expenditure on hardware and software.
• Procuremenet of IT hardware, software and maintenance products & services.
• Strenghtening the IT infrastructure throught to implementing new technologies.
• Management of technical IT projects (migration of entire application environments to new infrastructure, migration of database clusters to new servers).
• Management of business IT projects (implementation of new solutions and modification of existing applications).
• Analysis of business users needs.
• Change and application management as Product Manager / Delivery Manager
• Contact with software providers.
• Writing documentatnion for ICT procedures, security and disaster recovery.
• Maintaining documentation of changes regarding users, functions & systems.
• Managing a team of administrative and technicall staff
• Having strong IT, commercial, planning and budgeting skills
• Reporting to customers Chief Executive
Duties – IT Administrator:
• Developing & Maintaining the company IT systems, software and databases.
• Responsible for hardware and software installation, maintenance and repair.
• Performing routing audits of systems and software.
• Comprehensive system administration: servers (Windows, Linux), applications, databases and monitoring the correctness of operation
• Management of user accounts and permissions, technical and technical support
• Management of server software and associated backup routines.
• Testing and updating the software version
• Contact with external service and software suppliers
• Creating instructions and application documentation (user and administrative documentation)
• Active participation in the implementation of the application, coordination of implementation work on the IT side
• Analysis of errors related to application functionalities and integration with other systems
• Define requirements for IT infrastructure for automatic fitness clubs including Biometric access control system, Digital Signage, CCTV and Network Equipment (Routers, Switches, WIFI)
A special purpose company was established to implement the self-service fitness club project.
• Define the interactive kiosk's and customer panel business objectives
• Supervision over the design and delivery of kiosks
• Supervision over the implementation of equipment and infrastructure supplies
• Define the customer services automation including self user management, payment and biometric access system entrolment.
• Define software project scope (goals, tasks, budget, schedule, risks)
• Software house selection for project realisation
• Supervision over the creation of dedicated software to manage the network of automatic fitness clubs including Core Application, Kiosk application, Customer self-service web portal and integrations with 3rd party software.
Providing a complete solution for the self-service SmartGym fitness club network with biometric user identification,
• Development of an IT infrastructure standard for fitness clubs.
• Launch of the first 3 SmartGym network facilities in 6 weeks.
Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
Comment to 1st pride on MinFinTech Contest
“The solution developed by "Testowa Drużyna" is innovative on a European scale and will be implemented in the state ecosystem”
It is for me a real pleasure to recommend Jaroslaw. I think he did her job with lot of energy, passion and committment, I am confident he has great skills and experience.
Owner and Executive Project Manager
Working with Jarek is a great experience. He knows what he's doing, is quick and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone.
Founder / Editor-in-chief
Jaroslaw Prochal is doing a great job as the system administrator for the automobile-catalog.com portal. We co-operate already more than five years and Jaroslaw with his team always keeps the portal running smoothly and without brakes, which is especially important in case of the project with over half a million users monthly. I can surely recommend Jaroslaw and his services.
HUSARSKA Sp. z o.o.
I would definitely recommend Jarek to any kind of an IT project. His company is reliable and professional. I use his services for over 3 years now and I am very happy about services he provides.
Eliminations - 3rd place -
Ministry of Finance in Poland - HackYeah - MinFinTech 2017
The MinFinTech contest is aimed at selecting the best specialists from the IT and CS sectors, to join the Ministry of Finance’s team fighting against VAT frauds. Another objective is to introduce the challenges faced by the KAS [the National Revenue Administration] operators on a daily basis to the wider audience.
The Ministry of Finance builds upon the experience of a number of foreign government administrations and agencies that were involved in organisation of similar events. MinFinTech is setting a precedence in its field – it is the first contest organised by a financial service and concentrating on the issues related to tax frauds.
Final round - 1st place - business category
Ministry of Finance in Poland - MinFinTech 2017
Together with a team of 4 we created application called VATHunter. The pioneering solution is based on an in an automatic, computer analysis of fraudster activity data.
Software creates personal-capital connections and receives data from the so-called "shame lists" of tax defaulters in other European Union countries.
“Shame lists” are published by a number of countries. If a taxpayer is on the list, officials can download it and check whether that taxpayer is also active in Poland. If it turns out that a given entity is a deliberate tax defaulter, the state can implement appropriate controls.
The system developed by our team process these data automatically.
Final round - 3rd place - technical category
Ministry of Finance in Poland - MinFinTech 2017
Together with a 4-person team (Testowa druzyna) we created application to compare VAT tax declarations between enterprises.